<<< OPEN SUNDAYS 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. >>>
What is paintball?
Paintball can be defined in many ways:
* A game mimicking military combat in which players shoot capsules of paint at one another
* An outdoor activity in which players become “out” after being hit by capsules of food coloring
* The fastest growing extreme sport in America
I find that paintball is not something that is best defined, but rather something that begins to define you. It’s a way of life: strategy, endurance, camaraderie—all of these are what are truly encapsulated in paintball.
Whether you live for the rush and excitement of live play, or you just want to unwind and share some times with the guys, paintball is the perfect release.
Size doesn’t matter. Age doesn’t matter. When you’re out there behind your mask, the only thing that matters is your aim and your ability to preserver against the odds.
Paintball is the ultimate sport and the ultimate way of life. There are winners and there are losers, but everyone walks away with an adrenaline rush. You do not define paintball. It defines you.
Who plays paintball?
With paintball becoming one of the fastest growing extreme sports in America, the game seems to be creating its own reality and restrictions.
The largest sector of players is made up of young males in their late teens, while the group of men aged 20 to 40 only follow shortly behind.
The full demographics of paintball are extremely vast. From small children to retirees, paintball players come in all shapes and sizes.
Come on out and see what makes this extreme sport so appealing!
About E.M.P. Fields
Extreme Mission Paintball (“E.M.P. Fields”) is the first paintball field based out of Hays, KS. Located a mere 15 minutes outside of town (truly a short drive for a day of fun), the field offers both woodsball and speedball. While the sport may be extreme, the field has already established itself as one with a friendly, welcoming atmosphere to both new and experienced players.
Opened in mid-summer 2011, the field is constantly growing and expanding as more and more players are discovering the fields. So, if you want more fields, show your support by coming out frequently!
Driving directions from Hays:
1. Take HWY 183 N to Locust Grove Rd.
2. Turn E.
3. Drive 6.5 mi (half a mile past 310th Ave). (Note: Hug the right side of the road on hills!!)
E.M.P. Fields will be on your left. See you there!
Optional directions from Hays (with more blacktop):
1. Take 27th St. to Toulon Ave.
2. Follow the directions from Russel from #2 on.
Driving directions from Russell:
1. Take I-70 to Toulon EXIT 163.
2. Turn N.
3. Drive 2.5 mi N. The road will curve to the E.
4. Continue 3 mi E to 320th (“Codel Rd”).
5. Turn N.
6. Drive 4 mi N to Locust Grove Rd.
7. Turn W.
8. Drive 0.5 mi.
E.M.P. Fields will be to your right. See you there!